Here we will break down everything you can do to manage your business rules for your account.
By default, we setup all new accounts with a January start for their Fiscal year. You can change this at any time in this section. All you need to do is click 'Update Rules' and select a new month. We also begin on the 1st of that month by default. For example, if your Fiscal Year runs from July 1st to June 30, select July as the month for the start of your fiscal year.
When you update the Fiscal Year, the dates on the Giving Dashboard will automatically update to accommodate your Fiscal Year.
When we process your Constituents file, we match them with our datasets. Initially, your account will be set to our default matching. This is our recommend matching criteria because we have a very high degree of confidence in the accuracy plus it allows for the most possible matches while also maintaining that high degree of confidence in the accuracy. Below we will talk about all our matching criteria
- Strict - A direct match of constituent info to an individual in our database. We are extremely confident this is accurate
- Default - Our recommended matching criteria that uses our internal algorithms to accurately match as many constituents as we can with a high degree of confidence.
- Medium - Includes all matches from Strict & Default criteria, plus broader algorithmic logic that relaxes some constraints. We are somewhat confident in the accuracy of the additional matches.
- Loose - Includes all matches from Strict, Default, & Medium criteria, plus even broader matching logic that can be used for analysis purposes but we are less confident in the accuracy of the additional matches.
This section is where you can customize the Giving Pyramid on the Giving Dashboard. By Default, all new accounts have 3 levels; less than $1000, $1000 to $10,000, and $10,000+. You can go in and change these at any time.
FAQ about Giving Levels:
- Do the numbers include that value or not? The ranges are not inclusive. This means that the Less than $1000 does not include gifts for $1000. It includes all gifts up to $999.99. Also, the range of $1000 to $10,000 does not include the top range number $10,000.
- Why are there 2 numbers? - Since you will always have an upper range such as $10,000+, you only need to select 2 numbers to have 3 levels. For example, in the tool you can select, $1000 and $10,000. This will give you 3 levels; less than $1000, $1000, to $10,000, and $10,000+.
- How many giving levels can I have? - You can add up to 6 numbers or 7 levels since the upper bound number will be an additional giving level as referenced above.