Your giving dashboard is where you can see powerful graphs that are based on your your uploaded Giving File(s). Below are some suggestions on how to can get started with the info in this dashboard.
Giving Dashboard (Free)
- Donor Count: Shows how many donors made gifts over set periods of time. This is a great insight for understanding when your donors are giving (year-end period, around a pillar campaign you run, something unexpected...) and helps you budget and set goals for future periods
- Donor Revenue: Nonprofits can establish baselines for revenue and compare year over year or month over month and gain similar insights as donor count.
- Average Donation: Look at average gifts over different filtered periods. Was there a point where average gift size spiked? What could have been the reason for it?
- Giving Channel: To use this view, you must include a channel source column in the giving file that you uploaded. Causemo Insights then maps those channels into this chart. Click here if you would like guidance on how to upload this information. The channel donors give through is changing and you have more platforms to communicate with them. It’s important to know which ones are picking up traction or not seeing a lot of donations. 20 years ago, fundraisers could count on mail and maybe events. Those are both costly and no longer the only ways to receive donations. By cncluding giving channel you can gain insights, into how your donors give to you, and can inform you where you may want to expand or decrease marketing and fundraising efforts.
- Retention Rate: Organizations need to know how many donors they are retaining from previous points in time, to know how many they need to acquire to grow. Retaining donors is less expensive than acquiring new ones, so you want to increase this rate as best possible .
- Giving Pyramid: Clearly tells you how much revenue you are getting from your three primary giving cohorts. Causemo Insight's giving cohorts are static, and may differ from how your organization defines donors levels: Major Donors ($5,000+), Mid-level ($1,000-$5,000), Direct Response donors (<$1,000). Regardless of how you define your giving cohorts, you can gain key insights such as:
- Are you too top heavy? (You don’t want to rely too much on major donors as their giving is not as consistent and could wildly swing your year end results).
- Do you have enough mid-level donors? For most organizations, 2/3 of their major donors come from direct response, and the first sign that they are upgrading is when they elevate to mid-level and your communication treatments begins to evolve
- Growth Rate: aggregates data from your donor count, revenue, average gift size and donations per donor into one chart that compares year over year (or in any comparative period of time).
* Don't forget these valuable graphs can be filtered, to help you get even deeper insights for giving over different periods and specific groups of donors. For instructions on how to filter, check out this guide.
Giving Dashboard (Paid)
- Donor Health: Quickly see, which of your donors have upgrade, downgraded, stayed the same, not renewed or are new compared with a previous period. By filtering this data for customer views you can toggle between viewing "All Data" or select a saved segment that you want to analyze for donor health (ie: gift size or specific giving period). For instructions on how to filter, check out this guide.
* In addition to premium graphs that come with a Causemo Insights Pro account you can also export a .csv of the individuals that are represented in your saved dashboards (segments) along with their contact info so you can take action on this segment.